Wednesday 5 November 2014

Hello and Welcome

Hello and welcome to my little blog!

I first started compiling my family tree in 2010 by asking my Dutch grandparents about their parents, and so on. Then I took a break for a few years due to work and then illness.

I started again around the beginning of the year and have been learning a lot about sources and developing my ideas about how I want to present the information and store it within my family tree application.

I’ve decided to start a blog as a way of sharing what I’m learning about compiling a family tree, and more importantly, things I learn about my ancestors, their occupations, and the places they lived.
As I’m now expecting my own child, I’m hoping that this blog will serve in the long term about my journey back into the past, while looking after the future.

The 12 week scan!
We affectionately call our baby ‘Meeple’ after our love of boardgames.




I’ll be writing about my ancestors, but also about resources such as books and websites that I find useful along the way.

At the moment, my family seems to have roots in England, the Netherlands, and Belgium. So, information I post will be relevant to others trying to find their ancestors in these countries – and if anyone has any great advice, please let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of genea-blogging. I look forward to reading more. As an avid board gamer, I love Meeples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome, Brenda. Great to hear from someone who's interested in Genealogy and Boardgames! :)

      Delete